The Philippines, the pearl of the orient seas, is not only home to idyllic beaches and rich cultural heritage, but also to some of the wealthiest business magnates in Asia. Their stories of success are often underpinned by resilience, innovation, and sheer determination. Let’s delve into the fascinating world of the top 10 richest people in the Philippines, as of 2023.
- Sy SiblingsHolding the reigns of the SM Group, the Sy siblings inherited their wealth from their father, the late Henry Sy Sr., known as the retail tycoon of the Philippines. Their assets span across banking, retail, property, and mining, solidifying their rank at the top. Their collective net worth is estimated to be around $17 billion.Connect with them: Twitter
- Manuel VillarFrom selling seafood in Tondo to building a real estate empire, Manny Villar’s journey is truly inspirational. As the founder and chairman of Vista & Landscapes, his net worth is estimated to be $6.7 billion.Connect with him: Twitter
- Enrique Razon Jr.Enrique Razon Jr. controls the International Container Terminal Services (ICTSI), the country’s leading terminal operator. He also has a hand in the gaming industry with Bloomberry Resorts. His net worth is around $5.8 billion.Connect with him: Twitter
- Lucio TanLucio Tan is a name synonymous with diversified interests – from banking with Philippine National Bank to beverages with Asia Brewery. His estimated net worth is $3.3 billion.Connect with him: Twitter
- Tony Tan CaktiongThe man behind the immensely popular Jollibee Foods Corporation, Tony Tan Caktiong’s success story is a testament to entrepreneurial spirit. His net worth stands at around $3.1 billion.Connect with him: Twitter
- Ramon AngRamon Ang, the president and vice chairman of San Miguel Corporation, has made strategic investments in power and infrastructure, telecom, oil refining and distribution. His net worth is approximately $2.8 billion.Connect with him: Twitter
- Andrew TanAndrew Tan has established a strong foothold in the liquor, property development, and quick-service restaurant sectors through his holding company, Alliance Global Group. His estimated net worth is $2.6 billion.Connect with him: Twitter
- Roberto OngpinA savvy investor and business magnate, Roberto Ongpin has a diverse portfolio which includes real estate, gaming, and mining. His net worth is calculated to be around $2.5 billion.Connect with him: Twitter
- Eduardo Cojuangco Jr.Eduardo Cojuangco Jr., known as “Danding”, is the chairman of San Miguel Corporation, one of the largest and oldest conglomerates in the Philippines. His net worth is estimated at $2.3 billion.Connect with him: Twitter
- Ricardo Po Sr. and family
Founder of Century Pacific Group, a leading branded food company in the Philippines, Ricardo Po Sr. and his family have a net worth of around $2.1 billion.
Connect with them: Twitter
These titans of industry are not only significant contributors to the Philippines’ economic growth, but also play key roles in philanthropy and nation-building. Their stories serve as beacons for budding entrepreneurs and dreamers across the country.